Summer brings with it an abundance of warmth, light, and creative growth. In the heart of this radiant season, I hope you’re finding ways to harness this energy to reconnect with your body, breath, and deepest sense of self. I know life can get busy. We tend to set self-care aside in favor of more “important” tasks. But no matter how full our calendars may seem, each day offers us ample opportunity to foster our inner wellbeing. Remember, the simplest acts can have profound effects:
- Clearing your mind with a morning meditation while you wait for coffee or tea to brew (instead of checking your phone)
- Feeding your soul through exploration by going on a hike or new adventure out of town
- Fostering friendships while sharing a meal, playing in the surf, or lounging somewhere scenic and peaceful
- Nourishing your body with nutritious, locally-grown food from the farmer’s market
- Celebrating the vibrancy of your community with a night out at a concert, comedy show, or free lecture
Even simply taking a five-minute break from your computer to step outside and enjoy a tranquil moment of gratitude in the sunshine rejuvenates your body, relaxes your mind, and nourishes your spirit. From quiet moments of reflection to joyous bursts of laughter, your body knows what makes it happy.
Think of three things you would like to integrate into your weekly self-care or creative routine this summer. Write them down on a post-it or two and place them where you will see them each day.
This is a reminder to do more of what makes you happy, not a task list that must be completed.
As we ride the wave of summer’s vibrant energy into the rest of the year, I invite you to remain open to your own journey of growth and expansion. May the days ahead bring you joy, rest, and plenty of opportunities for self-discovery.